When I got to Tomás' place (806 Manuel Acuña), he and another guy were there with their dog Karma. Karma is 7 years old and has a ton of energy. To add to that, he is big. After I talked with them for about an hour, I went to el Centro where there are a bunch of restaurants. I was so hungry because I've been eating bananas and cereal for breakfast and lunch. And yes I am cheap but that is not the main reason that I was eating them: I didn't have a fridge, tupperware, nor time to prepare any food. I also was running around like crazy at the school trying to organize myself and didn't really have time for lunch. Anyway, the point is: I was hungry and tired.
El Centro was about 8 blocks away and I found this great restaurant where they gave me a full platter of thick chips, with 4 bowls of topping - guacamole, and 3 types of salsas. On top of that, they had a salad bar with a lot of different types of salad...I tried them all. And then came the main course which was lamb with cheese and huge onions which you put on tortillas! Oh my God it tasted sooooo good. And it wasn't just because I was hungry because I couldn't eat it all and took it to go and had it the next day and it was still sooooo good. I've been to like 4 restaurants since I've been here and each time I have ordered water. Instead of giving me a glass of water like I'm used to, they ask me if I want it in a bottle or what flavor water I want. So far I have tried strawberry and pineapple and vanilla. The strawberry is the best so far. Anyway, the whole meal cost around $10. Oh and there was a guy playing a keyboard and singing while I ate and he was awesome.
I was supposed to hang out with Danielle and her boyfriend that night but when I returned I was too tired and went immediately to sleep...or so I thought I would. I turned off the lights and got into bed and all was quiet...for 5 minutes. Buzzzzzzzz....buzzzzz...wapah!... .... .... buzzzzzzzzz...wapah! WAPAH! I pulled the covers over my head so the mosquitoes couldn't get me but it was too hot. Finally, I decided that I needed to kill them and since I couldn't see them in the dark, I turned on the light and hopped back in bed with only my head not concealed. I felt like I was Mogley from the Jungle Book or the Karate Kid when he is catching flies with chopsticks - you choose the one that suits you best. A mosquito flew right over my nose. I waited. He flew back. I whipped off the covers and crushed my hands together. Blood flew. Take that, ass! And I did the same for the other 4 with variations. Sometimes, I would taunt them by holding out my entire arm and then one would land. In my head I would say something "heroic" like "That is the last time you will ever land and spill blood!" Saaaaa-wat!
No comments:
Post a Comment