Sunday, September 9, 2007

Manzanillo Ultra Vez

Esmeralda and Alejandra are cousins but act like sisters because they are so close. Alejandra has been married for 8 years and is pregnant with twins! They are due late Feburary/early March. Wouldn't it be cool if they were born on my brother's and my birthday? Esmeralda owns a papelería which I believe is a paper factory but I don't know if they do specific papers or everything. Her boyfriend is an architect and is currently working about 2 hours away until the project is done in like 2 months. She also has other investements and is looking for other ones. She is 24. In addition, she is finishing up her degree in Industrial Engineering this December. Whenever Esme or Ale go out they always invite me and so I've been seeing the city and practicing Spanish everyday. They also want to learn English so I've been teaching them. Really I just had them buy a book and I've been going through it with them since I wouldn't know where to start.

This weekend, we went to Manzanillo by bus on Friday and came back Sunday afternoon. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately because of Hurricane Felix, it was overcast most of Saturday and rained a little bit most of the time and a lot at night. But that also gave us some adventures!

The bus ride there was interesting. Because we didn't buy our tickets sooner, I sat in the back of the bus with a random guy and Esme and Ale sat together. The guy I saw next too was uncouth to say the least. He smelled of cheap beer, morning breath and rank booty. You know usually when someone smells bad, after a while you can get used to it. But this wasn't a smell that was just there. Somehow this smell lingered and varied in intensity. So I would get waffs of bad tastes in my mouth. He also slept most of the trip and his hand grazed my leg at one point. I was on high alert the rest of the trip but nothing else happened.

Esme and Ale fell asleep as well and when Esme woke up she saw that Ale had wet herself. But she didn't really hahah. She was holding her drink when she fell asleep and it spilled on her lap and then fell to the floor. But it was pretty funny to see Ale holding her jacket in front of her to avoid suspicion.

We got to the hotel around 10 pm on Friday and went to our rooms on the bottom floor. After I finished unpacking, I went to their room and we ordered some food. As we were waiting for the food to come, Esme filmed me giving a tour of the room in Spanish and it started raining. (I'll put a compliation video up as soon as I get it from them.) When the food came, it had been raining for about 15 minutes pretty hard. Suddenly, we realized that water was coming in from the patio and soon it was an inch deep. We called the hotel and they sent people with towels hahah. I went to my room and it too was being flooded. So I packed my things and put it on my bed just in case (it would have had to rain a lot to get up there, but why not be cautious?). I then went to inspect the patio door through which the water was seeping. I then foolishly decided to open the door to view the outside. But we ended up changing rooms so it was allll good.

Our new rooms were a floor up and cost the same but now I had two rooms and two beds in my room - talk about overkill of space. In the morning, we went to eat breakfast and my stomach was hurting all the day from the Fettucini the night before. Stinkin' Italian food! :-P So I ate light and then we went to the beach. Esme wanted to film me on the banana boat - it is literally a raft that looks like a banana and I believe you pretty much hold on for dear life as the boat pulls you. That didn't sound like to much fun with my stomach hurting and so I kayaked instead. I'd never done it before but I really liked it. Afterward, Esme and I played volleyball with other hotel guests and staff. I hurt my thumb setting the ball one time but I kept playing. Now it still hurts a bit, but it will be okay.

I got a Henna tatoo of a dragon and it is awesome. And I painted a Mr. Incredible pen holder vase...I don't know of another way to describe it. That night we played pool and ping pong for about 2 hours. We only played 3 games of pool and so the majority of the time, we played ping pong. Our favorite game to play was to see how long we could rally. Our top number was 114 hits without messing up.

That night I watched a movie about Peter Sellers - I don't know how much of it was true but it was really interesting. And today, we ate breakfast, hung out and left for Guadalajara around noon. Of course today it was really sunny and hot hahah.




No comments:

Post a Comment