Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Resources

So I haven't found a good video to show my 3 year olds how to properly use a mouse. Consequently I'm making a video. If I ever finish it, I'll post it.

Keeping all the computers in the lab running was hard because the internet sucked today. So after all the classes were over, I went to every computer and deleted the temporary internet files and ran the anti virus software on all the computers. Though they should be no need for it, tomorrow I'm going to defragment all the computers too. I think the real problem is the cables or the fact that the server has a virus and they are trying to fix it.

I found a virus on 2 computers today.

One of the great things about my job is that I get to look online for ideas of how to teach material. And so I keep coming across these really cool websites.

Check out www.fuser.com if you are an organization freak like me and want to consolidate all of your mails and social networking mails into one place. That is one thing that I hate about facebook and myspace - they don't allow you to organize your messages. I haven't tried out fuser yet, but it looks awesome.

Also check out www.mashable.com/ for news on how social networking sites are evolving - verrrrrrrry interesting!

I'm now looking for a site that will allow the kids to make online portfolio of their work for free and easily. The other thing is they are mostly using Microsoft Office for their work so I could have them save their files as jpgs but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment