Last week was good - I continue to modify my teaching for each class and age level. One of the hardest parts is getting them to be quiet and listen to the lesson. I've gotten some good suggestions about how to do this but mostly they are for indivual classes. The best one I've seen is Miguel has divided his class into Hogwarts houses and has a point system. For each thing that goes wrong, he marks off a point from that house. At the end of the week he rewards the house with the highest points. But because I have so many classes, I'd have to make about 20+ different sheets and I still don't know most of their names. So I'll keep thinking about ways to modify this...maybe I could make it a competition between grade levels or the same grade levels are competing.
In my other "free time" at school, I've been making Windows XP look like a Mac and Linux combo - it looks so much better. I love technology and design! If you have Vista then it is very similar to a Mac so you don't have to do much, but otherwise maybe you'll want to try it too http://www.engadget.com/2004/06/09/turn-your-pc-into-a-mac/
One of the greatest things that happened this week was a little girl in the Pre Kinder class kept trying to scare me by saying "boo!" It was so funny. And at the end of class she came up to me and kissed me on the cheek. And I've been getting a lot of hugs from the students so I'm very happy that the kids like me and my class.
This coming week, I'm going to a conference and so there won't be computer class this week. I really hope this conference is fun though. It seems like it will be - the topic is elearning and so I should be able to apply what I learn to my classes. And Sunday (the 16th) is the Mexican Independence Day so I'm not sure if we will have classes that following Monday or not.
I still don't have my work visa but no worries; I'm still being paid while it is being processed.
No comments:
Post a Comment