Afterward, I went to Tianguis Cultural with Victoria and Paloma. While they shopped, I went to the guy that sells what I call the "mind games." These games are so frustrating and fun because the goal of the game is to figure out how to get one object detached from the other. We were at the tianguis for about an hour...and I stayed at this "shop" the whole time trying to figure out 2 different mind games. One of them was very difficult and so I didn't buy it, but the other I finally got after the guy showed me 3 separate times. I think I like them so much because the solution is always simple and it just requires looking at the "problem" differently.
Sunday, I went with some teachers from school (Fernando, Angie, Elisa, and Elisa's husband) on a bike trip. We woke up early and went outside the city and started riding. We were on a dirt road with a lot of rocks and so at times it was really bumpy and quite frankly dangerous if one should fall. It was a ton of fun though. At one point we had a really good view of the city and could see the cloud of pollution around it - pretty sad...
The landscape was very interesting. We passed farmland that was very dry where cows were grazing and there were cactus there as well. Probably 2 miles away was a lake which was our final destination. As we were nearing the lake we saw a bigger remote control plane that was high in the air doing tricks. However, when we arrived at the lake, we saw a passenger sized plane that was very close to the surface of the water. Angie was like, "There isn't a landing strip over there...Ou that looks dangerous!" to which Fernando who is quite the jokester said, "No, it's another remote control plane. It's just really big." I think Angie believe him, but I don't know.
I thought that they must be doing a crash landing and hoping the people inside were okay but after they made 3 passes, we realized that it was an airshow. On the third pass, Fernando got one of the locals to take a video of us yelling and screaming with the huge plane in the near background. Unfortunately, the local never pushed the button to record and so our minute of excitement was lost in the sands of time. Fernando did make a video of the first pass though:
We then went to eat some gorditas which are nothing like the ones at Taco Bell but really good. They are basically tortillas that have been heated up with your choice of topping. And so I had 4 kinds: beans, potatoes, bbq, and beef.
Barbacoa!
When I had to take the TOEFL for the Master's program, I met Tania, who is from Spain. She invited me to a bbq her and her housemates were having and it was a lot of fun. She has 4 or 5 housemates from France and 1 from England. Getting there and back was a pain because Guadalajara is a big city and she lives in a part that I'm not familiar with. So I got lost a few times but viewed it as an adventure and so it wasn't too bad.
For my class this week, I found this Christmas Light Bulb game that is so addictive. Check it out if you dare: http://akidsmath.com/mathgames/ctreepuzzle.html


No comments:
Post a Comment