Sunday, December 16, 2007

Radaid

On Wednesday, I got a message from Johannes and Michaela that they were back in Guadalajara visiting and so we met up at Juliane's apartment for some dinner. Juliane lives in El Centro or close to it and so there are really cool places nearby. She has a really nice view of the city too. Eli came with me and we had a lot of fun. When Z Germans were living with me, we would speak English in the house but now we were talking in Spanish to each other so Eli could understand. And if they didn't know how to say something, they would ask me and at times I was so confused because I would start to respond in Spanish to them but realize they had asked me in English.

Afterward we went to a really cool bar called Kunst Haus (German for House of Art). Z Germans had told me that we were going there to see a jazz band and so I was pretty excited because I've never really been to a live jazz performance. However, the music was not jazz at all. When I think of jazz, the first thing I think about is the Saxophone. This group had a violin, a guitar, drums and a singer. And although they were not jazz, they were amazing! They are called Radaid and they combine music from all over the world. It is kind of hard to explain their style, but I love it and am going to see them again this coming Thursday hopefully. Anyway, here is a video that I found on youtube. I think they sound much better live, but this one is still really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment