Saturday, December 22, 2007

A cappella and Fondu

Jose moved out yesterday and so we are 4 in the house once again. I wonder who will be the next flatmate.

I love organizing and with everything going on, I haven't had much time to do so. My room wasn't messy in a traditional sense, but I wanted to get rid of clutter and so I spent around 3 hours taking everything out and cleaning my room and reorganizing it. And then I cleaned the bathroom. It was great - my room feels so much lighter.

Eli went to the opthamologist because she wants to get Lasik and so they super dilated her eyes. The doctor told her that she would get her vision back to normal in 36 hours but until then she wouldn't be able to focus properly. So she couldn't do much when she got home so I cooked lunch for her.

Mary Carmen invited me to a get together with her friends (the "Abuelas" - the grandmothers) for fondu and an a cappella concert of sorts. They call themselves the Abuelas because when they were younger they liked hanging out like older people do - real chill. They are a very fun group. We met up at Jaze's house and just hung out in the kitchen for a couple hours talking. Then we all went to the living room and Jaze, his sister, Mario and Bibiana sang a lot of Christmas song in a cappella. They were soooo good. Their voices were beautiful. At one point the cat was in the room and joined in the song with a single "meow." It was priceless.

Afterward, we had fondu and I thought of when I was in Germany last year celebrating Christmas with Chris' family and all the glorious food we had. I also thought of my Swiss friend Yves who loves fondu, chocolate and milk. I love fondu too =D.

Monday morning I'm going to Esme and Ale's house and we are going to have a huge celebration. I honestly don't know what to expect but I know it will be fun. It definitely doesn't feel like winter or Christmas here. The sun is shining brightly, there are still leaves on the trees and they have their color, and it's like 65 degrees outside. I think it will be a lot different in North Carolina haha but I can't wait to see my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment