Afterward, she dropped me off and Eli and I went to this awesome sushi restaurant with a buffet and then we drove to Jessica's place for the get-together. It was pretty fun and I got to meet some of her Middle and High school friends. Also, we played charades...but it is much different in Spanish...well not different...but I sucked. However, the one that I acted out was in English and Eli, who was on my team and doesn't speak English, was the one to guess it hahah.
We left Jessica's place around 10ish and met up with Irma and Miguel at Juliane's party. We thought it was going to be huge and lots of dancing but a lot of her friends had finals to study for and couldn't make it. So there were about 10 people there and we just sat around and talked. It was fun and all, but I would have rather been dancing.
A couple of weeks ago when Eli and I went to the FIL, we passed by Glorieta Chapalita, where they sell art every Sunday. I really wanted to go and so today, we went and it was awesome. There are some really great artists here. I bought this 3" x 3" painting with 2 leaves pasted on top of it. That description obviously doesn't do it justice but trust me it is nice. And I wanted to buy what looked like laser cut nature elements but they were sold in a set and it was too expensive.
The first time we went around the glorieta, Eli was hungry and spotted what looked like a place selling food. So we went back there and asked them and it was actually a posada for the artists. But before we could turn to look for another place to eat the artists implored us to eat something and they gave us wine too. I was really impressed with their kindness and really enjoyed talking with them. There was an Italian guy there who is an artist and it was so cool hearing him talk Spanish because he has his Italian accent. I really want to talk in Spanish like him: every word he said sounded so happy.
Afterward, we tried Tejuino, which is a typical "ice cream" from Guadalajara. It is made with fermented corn, salt, lemon, and lemon ice cream. But it wasn't really ice cream; it was more like smoothie because it was made with crushed ice. Anyway, it was pretty good.
Next we went to ice skate and I saw one of my students there. It is pretty funny because I saw one of my students at the ballet on Friday and I saw two other students at the mall like a month ago. It was so fun to skate and I am seriously considering buying hockey style skates.
I went to mass with Eli and it was much different than the ones in the US...well the masses that I have been to in the US. Actually I don't remember the masses in the US to well but anyway, here they didn't have any Bibles but they handed out with "brochure" of what was being said almost word for word. And in order to do communion, you had to confess first and during the mass there was always a line at the confessional. My favorite thing about any mass is there is always a point where you hug/greet the people around you. I really like things that promote community between people and it is such a simple thing to do.




No comments:
Post a Comment