Friday, January 4, 2008

Back in GDL

Esme, Ale and Paty drove me to the airport when I was in Guadalajara and told me that they would pick me up when I came back but to email them to confirm my arrival date and time. Well, I was pretty busy spending time with family and catching up on things and remembered to do that 2 days before I left. By that time, Ale had emailed me and informed me that she had had her babies! That is about 2 months early and so they must be pretty small, but I was really excited and ran upstairs to tell my parents. When I arrived in GDL, I realized she was joking. How funny... =D.

However, I did get to go to her appointment the day I arrived and got to see her babies on the sonogram. The doctor said they are doing quite well and should be born between the last week of February and March 5th. Crazy! Also, she also found out that day that they are both girls!

When I got back to my house, I found out that Fernando is moving out and so it will be Eli, Ale and I left. I'm going to try to move to Fernando's old room as it has it's own bathroom and more importantly, windows hahah. But if it costs more than what I'm paying, I'll just stay where I'm at.

Eli told me about her vacation and for New Years I guess it is a Mexican tradition to give people underwear. If you receive a red pair then you will have luck in your love life. If you get yellow, then you will have luck in your monetary life. Also, on the 6th, they celebrate El Día de Los Reyes (literally Day of the Kings, but aka the Feast of the Epiphany). Here they don't believe that Santa brings the gifts but the Magi do. And at the parties, they bake sweet bread with a small baby figure inside. So if you get the baby, you have to throw another party before the next month. Apparently, they also hang a shoe instead of a stocking for tiny gifts.

All of these festivities made me realize that there is a celebration where we hang socks, one where we exchange underwear and one where we hang shoes. So I think I'm going to throw a random party where we exchange hats and I am undecided as to what to call it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment