I had forgotten how much it sucks to be sick. I was feeling fine all week. Even during the day on Thursday I was great. And then the night came and my throat started hurting and then I had a headache and a fever. It was so strange - usually I'll have some symptoms before getting really sick. Well, I couldn't go to work the next day and stayed in bed all day Saturday too. And I've stayed in bed all day today except to make food.
Jessica had her class make me a Get Well Soon Card/Poster. And she went to the grocery store for me. I don't think I've ever received one of those cards before - it was so nice to get one. It was really funny too because my name was spelled in so many different ways by the 6 and 7 year olds. She is probably the most thoughtful person I know. I'm really going to miss her when she moves to New York.
Because I was sick, I didn't get to make it to our soccer finals - we lost 7-1 so I don't know how much help I would have been anyway. In news of my attending the Master's program, I just found out that they need my high school transcript and it needs an apostille as well... then I need to get it translated and brought to the right department here to be certified. Such a pain in the arse.
My family has told me that they are liking their new home and schools, so I'm very happy for them. Well, I will write more when I feel better.
Get well soon! Too bad about the soccer finals.
ReplyDeleteAunt L