Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sweet sweet pictures

So I have been taking lots and lots of pictures - pretty much wherever I go. Since I have been going to soccer practice with the women's team and the students, I've gotten some pretty good ones there.

This past week, Primary had the theme of Week Around Europe and so all the teachers were decorating their classes. It was amazing how much effort they put into it. On Thursday, the parents came in and each class of students presented their country. It was very impressive. Anyway, Blanca painted her windows with a beautiful collage of flowers. I decided that I needed to do something like that for my class and so I borrowed her paints. Jessica ended up helping me and painted a windowpane with hearts - since February is coming up. I still need to paint the other window but now my class feels a lot less dull and I can open the blinds to let the sunlight in now without blinding the students. Lolita also lent me her markers that allow you to draw on windows and so I drew some nice art on my door... forgot to take a picture dang.

Mary Carmen's assistant, Ceci, found a great job as a psychologist and so we had a farewell get together at Botanas. Afterward, I went with Geo and Anahi to their town of Santa Anita. February 2 is Día de la Candelaria or Candlemas, and is a religious holiday that is celebrated with processions, dancing, and the blessing of the seeds and candles. In Santa Anita, starting 9 days before they have a festival a day. There is a bunch of food, live music, and fireworks. They also have a firework display called a castillo - it is a huge construction with different displays on it and when the fireworks on it are lit, you can see each display.

Jessica ended up coming later to Santa Anita and when the festival was over, she gave me a ride home. Unfortunately her car kept overheating and so we ended up stopping every 10 minutes or so. But that turned out to be fun because we took fun pictures and they turned out really good.





















No comments:

Post a Comment