Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Esme's Graduation

It is early in the week and I'm already tired but I'm doing a lot and so I love it. Monday, I had soccer practice with the women's team and then I went around with Jessica to deliver gum to her gum ball machines. I got back around 8 or so and then Eli and I rented the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movie. So I went to bed around 12:30 and woke up the next morning tired.

Tuesday, Esme called me while I was at school and told me that she was having her graduation and asked me if I could go. Unfortunately, I had to cut short my tutoring session to do that but I made it just in time. I did feel a little under dressed since I didn't have time to go home and change but oh well. Esme was so happy. She couldn't stop smiling. And her mom was so proud of her. Ah, I love seeing that. I was going to go to Yoga that night but I was informed that it was a night of celebration for Esme and I wasn't allowed to leave heh heh.

So first we went to Sanborn's with Raul and his family. They told me not to eat a lot there because right after we would be going to Sirloin Stockade - which is a buffet. I was hungry though and ate a full dinner and then had dessert and many glasses of Agua de Orchatta at Sirloin Stockade. We had a fun time taking silly pictures in the waiting area and at the table. I also got to meet one of Esme's cousins, Marisol. And Emanuel quizzed me with guessing games and Ale and Esme tested my Spanish tongue twister skills. I'm getting better haha.

When I got home that night, I was really tired as well and went right to sleep. And today was great. I've been wanting to move the computers in my class to give the students more space. And, since I only had 3 classes today, I finally had enough time to do so. It looks great. Now if only I could find time to redecorate my class and take down the Christmas decorations hahah. Oh, and I guess I should plan something different than typing for next week... the students aren't as excited as I thought they'd be. When I was a kid, I loved trying to beat the typing games. However, they do need to learn it and I think they will be more motivated once I tell them about the prizes... we shall see.

And today I had soccer practice but since it was on Thursday last week, I thought it would be the same this week. So I didn't bring a change of clothes, but since I thought we would actually play a game, I decided to go anyway. Nope, no game, but still it was fun and I took more pictures heh heh. I love my camera.

Well off to bed - I have a full day of classes and a piano lesson.







No comments:

Post a Comment