Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chapala

I have new flatmates from Lima, Peru - Rayme (21 and studying tourism) and Juan Karlo (18 and studying Industrial Engineering)! They are super cool and really nice. Today Eli, Rayme, Juan Karlo and I drove to Chapala - a huge lake about 45 minutes away.

We walked around for a bit and I had a gordita with meat and cheese and the guys had tacos. Here they have a typical drink called Michelada and it is made of beer, tomato juice, salt, soy sauce, english sauce, tabasco sauce, and lemon. I had tried it before and didn't like it, but then again I don't like beer so that may be why. So I ordered a PiƱa Colada instead. Neither of them liked the Micheladas as you can see from the fantastic pictures of their faces hahah. Eli had to count to 5 to motivate them to drink as much as they could. I don't think either of them finished hahah. Then, we walked to the pier and saw a snake and other animals - pretty cool. Afterwards, we took a boat tour of part of the lake and went to eat again.

It was really good to get away from the city and be around nature and friends. It feels like I haven't seen the sun in so long because I was sick last weekend and I work indoors. So this was a really good trip.











No comments:

Post a Comment