Sunday, January 13, 2008

Colomos, El Muro and Isla Bikini

Saturday's soccer game was a really important win because it determined that the season would not be over for us and we advanced to the playoffs. Pretty much all of our team showed up and so we had plenty of subs. During warm ups, I was on fire. And then it was game time. The other team never showed up and so we won by default. Hahah.

However, we did end up scrimmaging another team for fun and whooped them. I had 2 really nice assists and a goal by header.

Eli is studying all this weekend for a certification test at her bank job. But after studying for 4 hours she needed a break and we went to Colomos (a big park here). I brought my camera and took some pictures and so that was fun. The squirrels there are really tame and I was able to get some nice closeup shots. They were so funny: they would get some food and then go up the tree a bit and then lay facing the ground on the trunk of the tree.

Later, my teacher friend Carlos was having his birthday party at a bar called El Muro and my friends Stefanie and Carolina were going dancing at the club, Isla Bikini. El Muro had a nice atmosphere but the music was really loud and so was a really hard to talk with anyone. But a lot of teachers showed up and so that was fun. And Isla Bikini was fun was really crowded and so there wasn't really much room for dancing. However, I really enjoyed both places.

Since Fernando moved out, I decided to take his room since it has it's own bathroom. I'm pretty excited because it feels like it is more of my space now and I like reorganizing my things so it was fun moving.

I also played tennis with Katy and her boyfriend, Armando. It was a lot of fun and afterwards we went to his relative's restaurant and had Torta's Ahogadas. The traditional kind is with beef, but I tried it with shrimp, cow tongue, and some other kind of meat that I don't remember.





















No comments:

Post a Comment