When we got to the Cape, we went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant and then went to Katy's house. Her house is gorgeous! It is a lake house and her family has 2 dogs - Aly and Brisbon and a cat that is somewhat evasive. Marty (the mom) and John (the dad) were super nice and cooked us a wonderful meal. Before that however, Marty invited us to swim with her. Stephen and I quickly agreed and went down to the dock with her. Stephen and I decided that we would hold hands and jump in the water. It looked really gay but the photos look great haha.
When we were in the water, Stephen asked me if I had seen Daniel recently.
Me: "No, the last time I saw him was at Christmas. I have heard his voice though and it has changed. Why? Is he a lot taller now? Does he look like me?"
Stephen: "Yeah, he looks a lot like you. He has breasts now."
Me with surprised disbelief: "He has breasts?!"
Stephen and I started laughing hysterically... so much so that we could barely swim. However, we were laughing for different reasons. Stephen because he had indirectly insulted me by saying that I had breasts and me because I didn't put Stephen's first sentence with his second one and started imagining Daniel with breasts and how ridiculous that would look.
Marty was in the water with us but not within ear range to hear everything. She could only hear us laughing to the point of tears and so when we swam closer to her, she asked us what had happened. When Stephen recounted the story, I realized he was making fun of me and we laughed even harder.
That night we had a wonderful dinner with Marty, John and Katy and then watched Lost in Translation. I had seen it before but it is a wonderful movie. And this morning, Stephen and Jeff went out kayaking while the rest of us slept in.



















No comments:
Post a Comment