Monday, July 21, 2008

Boston

Stephen had to go to fellowship in another town and my grandma was candle pin bowling so Mariana and I decided to go with her. But before we did that, we saw a Brazilian restaurant and ate there. Bowling was a lot of fun. We were on the side most lane and at one point Mariana rolled the ball off into the equipment room. In between bowls, I talked with some of grandma's bowling buddies. They are a fun group of older ladies all with very different personalities.

Yves (pronounced Eve) flew in at 5:35 in the morning and so I woke up at 5 and got him from the airport. (Since he is currently working in California, that would be 2:35 his time.) We returned to Stephen's apartment and slept until around 11 and then went into Boston. Stephen called up his friend, Diana and she joined us in Boston Commons and then we started walking the Liberty Path. I love Boston because it is so pedestrian friendly. People are crossing the street all the time in front of cars and the cars don't pressure them. Beautiful.

We stopped at Beantown Pub in our walk and almost everyone took Diana's advice to order the Mother Goose sandwich. Since I don't have burgers all that often in Mexico, I decided to have that instead. And the fries were delicious!

We made our way down to Quincy Market and saw a pretty funny street performer. The best part was when he climbed a ladder and had a tiny escape ladder (see photo). There was a Croc store in the Market and Yves and I bought some. These actually look good and are comfortable too haha.

We pretty much walked around all day and then Stephen and Diana went to fellowship while Yves, Wuera and I went to the movies. We saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D. It was sweet. When Stephen left fellowship, he went to the airport and picked up Kezia and then picked us up and we went back to his place and slept.























No comments:

Post a Comment