Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Marbles and Zona Rosa

While looking for things to do here, I came across a place called Marble Moon and they do marble making demonstrations and have a store and mini museum that you can go to as well. Of course Mariana, Sophia and Daniel weren't interested but my mom was and so we decided we were going.

My mom told Daniel and Sophia that they couldn't be on the computer or PlayStation until we got back and so they decided they had nothing better to do and joined us hahah.

The demonstration was pretty cool. The flame had to be around 1700 F in order to manipulate the glass. He had 2 glass rods and "pushed" the smaller one onto the longer one. Once he had a big glob, he rolled it in a mold he had. Then, to add the colors, he had colored glass rods which he simply melted onto the marble and then he made it all smooth again by rolling it in the flame. The whole thing took about 20 minutes to make just one! And he had to put it in a heater for the rest of the day so that it wouldn't shatter from the outside cooling at a different rate than the inside. It was quite beautiful. I wish I could take classes.

The store was a lot of fun too. There were tons of different marbles and fun toys: magic tricks, hackie sacks, music boxes, puppets, tracks to make a marble course, mind games, etc.

We took some pictures outside by the train tracks and then went home. Later that day, Mariana, Sophia and I went to a shopping plaza called Zona Rosa. After we had been to a couple of shops, we were on the way to another one and spotted a fountain... well, not really a fountain, but water jets that shoot out from the ground. I wanted to take some pictures with Sophia running through the water but she didn't want to and so Mariana and I did. It was a lot of fun trying to dodge the water and even more fun when the little kids came too.

On the way back to the house, we stopped by Famous Footwear and I got some shoes and then we went to Target and I bought a Zune (it's like an iPod but made by Microsoft)! It's awesome. Unfortunately I don't think it is going to work with my Mac, but since I teach computers, I'm sure I'll figure out something =P.
























1 comment:

  1. that is hilarious...you have a mac but didn't buy an ipod???? HEHEHE

    I'm sure you'll figure it out...but that is just too funny!!

    ReplyDelete