Thursday, July 10, 2008

Welcome to ATL

The flight to Atlanta was about 4 hours and then we had to go through customs and get our bags, only to recheck them to be inspected to get them again. And then we took Marta downtown and walked to Lela's. So all in all, it was about a 7 hour trip.

We were hungry when we got here, so I called up Beena and La Wuera and I walked to Tech to eat at Tin Drum! La Wuera hadn't smoke this entire time and while we were waiting for the food to come, she saw someone outside with a lighter. Up until this point, La Wuera had been speaking Spanish to me the entire time and when she went up to the girl to ask for a light, she forgot how to say it in English and just said, "Encenador?" Luckily the girl knew Spanish and she had no problems.

Stephanie had invited us to eat at her house and Annece and Beena came with us. Her and her roommates made some wonderful vegetarian dishes. She and Tyler are starting a Collective... which is not a commune (Unfortunately I kept making that mistake throughout the night) and now have 2 roommates with many more planning to move in. They also gave us a tour of their house and Steph show us her metallurgy which was super cool.

When we got back, we were super tired and went straight to sleep.






1 comment:

  1. You almost got it-- we are actually calling it a Cooperative though, not a Collective.. Haha, it's all the same, doesn't matter what you call it.

    I'm glad I got to see you, that night was fun.

    ReplyDelete