Wednesday, July 23, 2008

White Mountains and The Flume

Stephen, Kezia, Grandma and I decided to take a trip to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. La Wuera was too tired I guess and didn't want to go so she stayed in the Stephen's apartment and slept.

Stephen had to work in the morning and so we went and ate breakfast where he was working and then headed out when he got off. The drive there was about 2 hours and was beautiful. We were surrounded by mountains and nature. It was wonderful. When we got there, we went to the visitor center where Stephen and I found some moose hats that we had to wear. If you look at the series of photos, I told Stephen, "Okay, let's act like Mom made us wear these and we really don't want to." And so before each picture, I groaned in apathy and we kept bursting out in laughter. I cried at one point.

Afterward, we took pictures with the bear and then drove the trail and hiked. It was a gorgeous path. The Flume is the name of the river that runs down the mountain and the trail crossed over it many times. I think it took us about an hour and a half to do the whole thing but it was definitely worth it. We wanted to do some more trails as well but didn't have time and so we returned to Woburn and watched the movie Wanted. The action was great but I didn't like the way the story was told so much. Still, if you like action movies, it is a must see.

Then, we all packed our stuff and Stephen and I gathered a lot of his really good music and burned me some DVDs. I think I have enough music for the rest of my life.

It was really great to see Stephen, my cousin and my grandmas again. It had been so long since I'd seen them. It makes me sad that I had to leave but I am looking forward to seeing them again.

The good thing is now I am visiting my parents and my other brother and sister! And I think we are going to be going camping tomorrow, so I'm super stoked.




































1 comment:

  1. LOL love the one where you are clearly loosing it...not sure I get the one with stephen's tongue hanging out...

    but glad to see he found his mommy at the end :)

    ReplyDelete