Today, Mom, Sophia and I dropped off Kezia at the airport and then went to CVS to print photos and then grocery shopping. The days sure are going fast and I'm going to miss being around my sister...
Printing the photos was a lot of fun. I can't wait for my grandmas to get them. I also had a fun time making a photo book there and it was really cheap. I think I'll have to find something like that in Mexico and print my best photos.
After we ate dinner, Wuera and I went to a bar about 40 minutes away to listen to some live music. From the website, it looked like it was going to be Alternative Indie Rock bands. The first band turned out to be a Metal band. When they came on, there were maybe 3 tables near the stage and by the end of their set, Wuera and I were the only table still there. I rather liked their music because of all the energy they put into it; I couldn't however, understand anything he was singing since they were mostly grunts and screams.
The second band was from Southern California and they called themselves Primavera. They were the Alternative Indie Rock we had heard before going. To me their music was much better to hear on the computer because live I couldn't really hear the girl sing. Wuera really liked them though and bought their CD.
The third band was hilarious. They were called the Flaming Rainbows and in case you didn't get from their name that they were a band made up of gays, they immediately let the audience know. The guitarist was dressed like a guy from the Village People. The bassist wore roller blades and a helmet and was skating around the bar while he played - he looked a lot like Napoleon Dynamite. The drummer was dressed like the girl from the old "Join the Navy" poster where she is flexing her muscle. They had apparently tried out for American Idol and didn't make it.
Wuera and I were laughing so much though. They were making gay jokes and saying things with double meanings the whole set. The best part for me though was when they played Tenacious D "Tribute" their own way and Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre's "Nuthin but a G Thang."
I think we might go back and see what other surprise bands will show up. =D
No comments:
Post a Comment