Going on no sleep for two nights is a fantastic way to be yourself. I had actually taken a couple naps during Friday - mostly during presentations (sorry). So in total, I slept for a good 4 hours for the past 2 nights. Thank goodness I put so much effort into it at the end. I'm pretty proud of what I made even if it is below the level of most of the students here.
I learned how to use the lathe a lot better - in my school we only have hand tools, but here they have controls for evertything! The shop guys and everyone in my class were very helpful. I also learned how to spray paint thanks to Johan and Susanne. And I made Sussie laugh when I was trying to drill a hole in stainless steel with a hand drill. Unfortunately, I messed up the lid of my model, but the rest of it looks great to me. And Francesco really helped me with my Alias model - without him I would have made a really crappy presentation.
At the last minute, I was also able to figure out how to make my scarecrow stand up for my presentation - that was a huge sigh of relief. And during the presentation, I was totatlly honest: "I don't know if this is actually going to work as a scarecrow, so if it doesn't, you can always sell it as a sculpture piece." And they loved it. I am quite interested to know if it will work or not though...
The whole day I was pretty sad that it was my last school day in Lund, but at the same time I was relieved. It sucks that I won't get to know people here better and I really love everything about this place. But I do miss my family...not so much my school. Hopefully I'll change my attitude when I get there...
No comments:
Post a Comment