Monday, December 4, 2006

Pizzeria, City Lights and ICA

I've been practicing handstands in my room for exercise since I'm not much a fan of running and it is too cold outside to do much. Plus, I love doing handstands. My current goal is to be able to keep my legs pointed straight and stay in the same place for a long period of time. Eventually I want to be able to balance myself with only one hand. Then! I want to levitate.

However, it didn't go so well last night. I had been working on my tea maker project all day in the design center and had even eaten there. Kebab. Oh it was so good - greasy and salty just like American food haha. I came home late though - I think I came in around 12:30 and by that time I was hungry again. I ate spaghetti with black beans and olives and also drank a lot of fruit drink. So after allowing that to digest for about an hour, I decided that I should go to sleep, but at the same time I wanted to do handstands. And that is what I did. But I think that flipped over my stomach and combined everything. Needless to say, I felt sick. Luckily I wasn't so sick that I became good friends with the toilet, but I was close.

So this morning I still felt bad and ended up sleeping in until 2. After doing some work for a couple hours, I came out of my room and on my way to the kitchen, there was Nawal [pronounced Noel] (Houda's friend who is visiting) teaching Kadj, Houda and Keaw how to bellydance. I love the coed corridor life. That is probably never going to happen in my life again.

A few things have changed around Lund. It still rains a lot and it is still cold but now the 40 SEK pizzeria is now 45 SEK unless you don't want a drink. Yes, I was the only one who did not order a drink. I know, I know. I'm cheap. But that's like $.75 for a drink and I like water better anyway. Too bad they don't give out free water or sell water sans carbonation. Scratch that, I wouldn't by water anyway.

Stefano, Keaw and I walked around town after dinner. There are Christmas lights up everywhere. And, there are strange installments around town like pipes that blow smoke and pink rabbits and white suitcases attached to the sidewalk.

A month or so ago, we had taken pictures outside of ICA but never inside. Keaw thought that we should definitely take advantage of this perfect photo op before it was too late.

I really really really don't want to take any more money out of the ATM and so I am going to attempt to survive on what I have in cash for the next 2 weeks - 560 SEK. That is about $83.00. Yes, it can be done! I have enough food to last me about a week and a half and since I'm leaving, I should not have any food left. The only problem might come when I need to buy materials for the models I'm building...plus the fact that I'd like to get some nifty gifts for people. I'll have to get creative folks! Damn the semester has flown by.












No comments:

Post a Comment