We had lots of good conversation during the dinner. Chris brought up that he was allegic to chocolate and if he eats to much he gets sick. Yves loves chocolate and said, "That really sucks man." Then I think I said something like, "You know chocolate is an aphrodisiac." Stefano bounced this comment back to Yves saying, "Ohhhh! So that's why you love chocolate so much. That's why you have so much huh?"
After dinner, Stefano, Yves and I cleaned the dishes and I totally forgot that I really want to tape Yves cleaning the kitchen. He is very detailed and efficient and thinks his way of cleaning is the best and only way to do it. And he is a damn good cleaner - I want to share this information with the world. He also can talk for hours about what people forgot to clean and it is hilarious. Anyhow, I forgot. I might try to tape him tomorrow for the Thai food dinner, but then again, Christine is a pretty clean cook so there isn't much to clean. I need to have Keaw and Peace cook again and then have Yves clean. Last time they cooked, every pot, pan, and dish was used. Yves spent 30 minutes trying to clean one bowl. It was amazing.
Since I've recently taken a couple of courses on sustainability, I've been pointing out things people can do in the corridor. I think they don't really see the point to it though and I'm probably more annoying them than helping out the planet. When Stefano cleans the dishes after a big meal, he fills one sink up with water and soap and keeps the water going in the other sink, so when he washes with soap, he can rinse with water. When I think about it though, his method is probably better than mine if he would just wash with soap and put the dishes in the other sink and then rinse them. I would like to study this though and find out...doubt I'll have time before it is time to go.
Since we are all leaving very soon, we wanted to have a picture of everyone so each person could put a personalized message for everyone else in the hall. However, we never were all in the same place at the same time and so I told everyone that I could photoshop people in. You can see the progression of the picture. Unfortunately, my skills aren't good enough to make it look like Dan (Chinese girl) is really in the environment, but I shall keep trying.
The last picture is from tonight (the Thai meal night) because I didn't want to make a new post.













Yes, John...
ReplyDeleteOnce again the italian way is better than the american!
The food was soooo good!!
ReplyDeleteit's my first Christmas dinner
I'm studying sth abt sustainability too
Maybe the Italien needs 5 planet to live on..